Sunday, September 20, 2009

Let's do this!

This past week has been a much needed recovery week. It has been a long time since I've had a week and weekend that wasn't totally consumed by training. One week ago today I didn't want to continue. I was ready to throw in the towel. As I sit here typing tonight I feel refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to move forward. What a difference a week can make huh!

I got my schedule from Peter tonight and this coming week's training looks tough but doable. I have to work this coming weekend so we scheduled my workouts around it. This week's schedule continues with reduced volume but has much more intensity then I am used to. I think I may actually be starting to taper. Woohoo! With the exception of one accidental drunken night on Wednesday I took full advantage of my recovery week. I ate well and slept as much as possible. I am looking forward to the coming week and haven't been this optimistic and peppy in weeks.

It has been a good week but even better than that - it has been a fantastic weekend. My mood is elated, my body rested and my mind renewed. Let's do this!!! 20 days to go and feeling good.